Sunday, August 9, 2009

THING #11

I looked through the site and did a couple of searches for mystery/suspense and romance. I was able to add a few books and found a few that i didn't knwo about by an author i read often so that is a bonus. I searched a few groups and found one useful to me (the mystery.suspense) so i can get more ideas of books and authors to read. For my students i found a few groups thatmay help me in areas i'm not so interested in - fantasy, science fiction, and hisotrical fiction. Not every post is helpful but I do liek the ease of seeing what the post is about so i know if i want to read it or not. I wish i could narrow it down a bit to have elementary titles (etc.) but maybe if i keep searching it's there. I also liked the banned book groups as an interesting topic.
As for work with kids, I could maybe see it helpful if soing a book club at lunch or after school, but would have to play with it to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment