Monday, August 3, 2009

THING # 7

google tools...wow - oh so much! I had just gone to a brief overview workshop of gogle tools with a little work on googledocs and the calendar so it was nice to know something beforehand. I'm really interestd in trying to incorporate Google Earth somehow; i need to explore more to be able to but i think it would be cool to use the historic places and have art use the art museums link.I set up an alert for library information just to see what kind of info. it finds so i stay updated. I might change it to new children's literature to help me with my orders. I also did the igoogle and made my home page show things i like; now if i would justget over keeping my hotmail account and move everything to my gmail account (since it has everything). I played a little with the language tools feature which i thought would come in handy when i need phrases to use with my spanish speaking patrons but i will have to play with it more to be useful to me. i like the calendar idea for our school. We have a thing called the :"pink calendar" that we use to wrote all events down so we get a big picture of the year and don't overlap things. We do have our lotus notes email calendars but this one seems easier to view and use. I will play with that at beginning of year when we set up our events. Oh so many things...so little time. seems to be my theme through this whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment