Monday, August 10, 2009

THING # 18

I explored GoogleDocs in another tech workshop our district sponsored this summer. We had a brief introduction to the highlights of it (through a common craft video i think so it made sense to me...so i thought). I really liek the idea of everyone being able to edit the same document and the same time from anywhere. That is a lot easier than email! I can really see the benefits when groups are working on projects - saves, paper, time, and it is a true collaboration. It sparked an idea for me to use it at our school for what we call our "pink Calendar" - a calendar that lists all of our events for the year. This way instead of people sending info to one person in email and that person then updates the document, the new inforamtion can just be added by the person who needs to add it and it's instant updates. We have a lotus notes claender that our principal uses but it is not a user friendly page to view. I think this will be great. Teh only problem though is i still need to practice with it because we didn't get enough learning time in my workshop. I tried to use it with my roommate when we were planning our shopping list for a party we were throwing so we could edit back and forth. I thought i did everything correctly but she never received it (I received it so i'm not sure why she didn't). But at least i tried to use what i learned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment