Tuesday, August 11, 2009

THING #23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is HOORAY!!!! I finally finished, and it was a long push to the end! I gave into the idea there was no way I would get it done, but I didn't want to give up so I pushed through today after work. It is VERY late my time, and I am a tired girl. But at least I'm a more informed girl :) I think it wouldn't have been as bad today if I didn't have technical difficulties that took up a lot of time trying to figure out, which I never did...i couldn't post on other people's blogs, I needed to download adobe flash player but it wouldn't work on the computer I was using, and then on the last project I couldn't get my Photostory onto my blog. SO if anyone out there has ideas to help me, then it will truly be a completed project! But for me I feel successful and feel I did all the work (and wrote a lot of notes...i'm not one who can just read and take it in; i have to read, take notes, then process...making the process oh so much longer.)

I am really looking forward to sharing and using Photostory for Booktalks and as a read aloud option for storytime; as I learn more I may try it with a grade level on a project idea in history. Other fun things were Delicious, Rollyo, TeacherTube, and Glogster (I can't remember if that is from this or my other training, but either way, it's fun!!!). But an added bonus is that I found a few sites to gather information on my personal interests outside of school :)


This program has really pushed me to learn things that I may not have seeked on my own. I need to continue to learn, but I also need to keep practicing and use the skills I have been introduced to in this program so I don't forget it later. I need to revisit a few I really enjoyed and implement at least a few each semester and /or as the opportunity arises. I know me, and I can't overdo it, or I will feel I'm not doing any of it well. But, if I use a few that work well, that success will encourage me to try more as I go. And, just sharing a few ideas will spark others' learning :)

I do feel better that I know some of the "lingo" I have been hearing and that I can actually use a lot of it now. I actually feel a little ahead of the game (from some).

Truly I'm surprised I finished it and wanted to to finish it. With the deadline approaching with so much still to do, I just didn't see it happening. But I really wanted to expose myself to more so I pushed through even if I wasn't going to make it to deadline...and look, i made it :) I'm also glad that I am brainstorming ways to use what I have learned instead of feeling overwhelmed and tucking it away for later.

I think the format was great and very user-friendly. I'm so impressed with the amount of effort/time the team put into this discovery!!! At times there was a lot of reading, but I needed that for some of the harder tasks to connect the information to action. I especially loved when a tutorial video was included so I could preview the process before I ventured on my way into the unknown.


I would definitely participate again! I appreciate Spring Brach ISD for letting learners form outside the district participate. Many others have benefitted from your sharing!!!

"in the know now" is how i feel!

Thanks so much for all your hard work! Thanks also to all the peole who commented and/or sent support my way! This discovery has enabled me be a better teacher and inspired me to be a lifelong learner!!! Read on...

1 comment:

  1. Wanting to learn something is more than half of battle! With a little more time and practice all your little bumps will smooth out! And just think of all theo thers who will benefit from your diligence!

    ReplyDelete