Monday, August 10, 2009

THING # 22

Nings...
Ok I skipped 21 for now because i'm not so sure about podcasts and it may take me awhile. But I have played with nings already in another workshop so I'm going to kind of "cheat" and talk about that experience since we used a few of those resources in our class plus other things.
I participated in a tech workshop this summer in our distict doing in person the same thing we are doing online. It was less involved due to time constraint, but the idea was similar t0 introducing us to a few choice 2.0 tools to take us into the here an dnow of teaching "digital natives". I realized i am nowhere near a digital native but i'm working on being a digital immigrant...trying to get there as i learn.
In this workshop we became part of a ning (iinnovatenetwork.pbworks.com) so that we could blog as we went through our "lessons"/ "explorations" and to post products we did and comment on others. Now that the workshop has concluded, the ning is there for us to share ideas as we continue to play with what we were introduced to briefly. It is also a place for us share frustrations, questions, and celebrations as we all try to make this change towards becoming a better "teacher"/"librarian". It is nice to know I have "company" as I continue this adventure. From there we are starting a campus ning so we have a support of our closer coworkers. Fortunately for us we have a person who loves nings so she is going to continue to support our learning in this area.
Outside/inside of school I can see using nings for book talks as a starter and then for projects where you want collaboration. I looked at a few of the example nings that were posted in this exercise and can see that some of the library ones could be a good source for big library issues, but for now, I like belonging to smaller nings.

No comments:

Post a Comment